Thierry Volery is a professor of entrepreneurship and Director of the Swiss Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. From 1999 until 2002, he was a professor of entrepreneurship at the EM Lyon Business School, France. He was previously a Senior Lecturer in entrepreneurship and international business at Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia. Professor Volery serves on several editorial boards, including the International Small Business Journal, the Journal of Enterprising Culture, and the International Journal of Educational Management. He holds a doctorate in business economics and social sciences from the University of Fribourg, Switzerland. He is the co-author of "Visionäre, die sich durchsetzen" (Orell Füssli, 2006) and “Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management: 3rd Pacific Rim Edition” (John Wiley & Sons, 2011).
Thierry has been a research associate of CEMI since its inception in 2003 and led the project team that examined innovation management practices of small firms in Switzerland for the book project, Strategic Management in Small Firms: An International Analysis of Innovation and Strategic Decision Making in Small to Medium Enterprises, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK, Northampton MA, USA.
- 2015 , The evolution of the small business and entrepreneurship field: A bibliometric investigation of the articles published in International Small Business Journal ,
- 2014 , Predicting anticipated rent from innovation commercialisation in SMEs ,
- 2010 , The Influence of Size, Age and Growth on Innovation Management in Small Firms ,
- 2012 , Innovation Commercialisation and Anticipated Return: A Typology of Innovative SMEs ,
- 2011 , A Multi-Country Strategic Alignment Study: Are SME Leaders' Decisions Aligned with their Country's Innovation Environment? ,
- 2011 , Determinants of the Innovation RENT ,
- 2008 , The French National Innovation System: An International Comparison from the Small Firms' Perspective ,